Saturday, February 2, 2008

More Thank Yous!

While you all made the Xmas Torch happen it is only fair to note some Companies and individuals whose help can't be overlooked. Apollo Njoroge-Head of Business Relationships and Dickson Kihara-Business Growth and Development of Equity Bank with your invaluable help in opening an account for Xmas Torch, Macharia of Zocom Ltd with his company gave a handsome contribution. Mr. Hossein of the Iranian Medical Center, Dr. J J Muthuri, Mr. David Rukunga, Mr. Rahim of Meru (Congratulations for being elected as a councilor in Meru), Freda M'Mbogori and Trygve Skjold for coming in from Norway a week before the Xmas Torch party and diving in to help me, Thank You guys. Martin Mbuta for all the design work. Vip Ogola for taking me shopping for the children's clothes. Eddy Kimani,Fareed Khimani and Vincent Ochieng of Capital Fm for organising and having me in your studio. My lovely auntie Cate Ikiara for allowing me to use your home as my storage and forgive me for all the mess. My cousins Kelvin, Dorine, Rosemary plus my baby sister Joy Kiki for being my 'KYM's' (Kanda ya Moko)...... this means they always helped me do alot of the hand work! Packing all the bag packs and making sure each child's name was on the bag with the right sizes for each child! My friends Collins Nyamori, Joseph Mwenda, Kirinya Kithinji, Juma of Kaymba Africa, Andrew Amadi, Paul Ojil, Bella Omino and Dr. Dennis Nturibi for always checking on my progress and reminding me it was going to be okey especially during the tough days. James Mwangi for organising a meeting with the Nairobi East Rotary club. Sally Kango'ro thank you for being my strength through this experience. Shiro Lewis in New York for the many calls and contribution! My Oman friends; Jamila and Hamood Al Lamki for making my dream come true and mking this trip possible. Armand, the Osode's - God bless you. My book club friends thank you ladies. Most of all my parents for trusting in me and giving me all their support. Above all I Thank God for giving me the strength and energy to get through this project and I look forward to another successful year. I heard this from Dr. Phil the other day, "YOU'LL NEVER STAND TALLER THAN WHEN YOU STOOP LOW TO HELP A CHILD!" THANK YOU ALL!

No comments: