Friday, August 31, 2007

introduction

Over a year ago I received what is my best gift yet. Steve my good friend brought me Oprah’s 20th Anniversary DVD as a New Year’s gift. Anytime I am down or feeling discouraged I play this DVD and I have asked almost everyone in my life to get this DVD. The 5th disc is my favorite and after watching Xmas Kindness that Oprah did in 2003 in SA, which has absolutely changed my life, I knew I was in this world for a higher purpose than I know. However I didn’t know what it is I really wanted to do but I knew I had to do something special for another human being. This is how ‘Xmas Torch’ was born it will be a time that you my friends and I will spend 5 days with children worst affected by HIV & Aids, incurable sicknesses, poverty and rape victims.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is very unique and creative.

joyunspeakable2011 said...

the impact on the kids cant be underestimated. may be this should be the first but a continual of sorts for many children

Anonymous said...

Lorraine I am so delighted to join you in this campaign to feed children. see you in Nairobi lets do this.
Shiro Lewis
New York