Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Xmas Torch 08!

What a huge success with this year's Xmas Torch! We were blessed with 30 children from Jerusha Mwiraria in Gikumene and Hope in Kinoru! This year was a real challenge since I wasn't sure if I could get my holiday in December. However it all worked out and I managed again with the help of friends I know I can always count on, make it happen! It's just not about having a holiday for these kids, it's the thought that someone thought of them worthy enough to take them out of their normal circumstances! Like Kelvin Mutuma one of the children we took out this year said (in the best Vote of Thanks I have ever heard), they have had many people visit them in their orphan homes. But to think that someone actually can come and take them out on a tour is something he can't believe! "many rich people spend Xmas with each other and have no time for us anaa ntigwa" (Kimeru for the abardoned children)! Am telling you there was no dry eye in the room! Davie a 10 year old,blind, HIV positive and the most adorable child ever says to us that he has enjoyed seeing the animals!!!! He is blind but he could feel the other children screaming elephant, zebra etc...(this year we were at the Meru National Park) so to him he saw them! I promise you it is for such children that we do this every year!! These children can never be the same again that I know for sure! Am grateful for your continued support with this event and we can't stop now. I already have so many children waiting in 2009! I can only keep doing this with the support you my friends give me. For this am eternally Grateful! Happy New Year and God richly bless you!!

No comments: